The United States of Jaila is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 346 million Jailans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Campanel. The average income tax rate is 32.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Jailan economy, worth 28.2 trillion jais a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 81,394 jais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, medical experts advise that those claiming to be medical experts are probably fraudsters, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jaila's national animal is the wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jaila was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Choodox.
- : Following new legislation in Jaila, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- : Jaila was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Jaila endorsed The People's Republic of Changolandia.
- : Following new legislation in Jaila, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- : Jaila was endorsed by The People's Republic of Changolandia.
- : Jaila endorsed The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Following new legislation in Jaila, medical experts advise that those claiming to be medical experts are probably fraudsters.
- : Following new legislation in Jaila, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : Following new legislation in Jaila, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Erinor, Tsunamy, Kroumos, Jehenna, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Darbor, Saciu, Aidenfieeld, Xandev, Beepee, Quiescent, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Awjan, Hanguk-Nippon, Anachronolandia, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Otaku Trash, The Solar System Scope, The Filippinas, Laluna Isle, Jaxon, Luddinlande, Janapuri, Maletora, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Ostanasia, The Dragon Enclave, Wyatonians, USNE2018, Akindom, Tsvetania, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Qvait, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Nankyoku Tairiku, Stoniamera, Chocholand, Holy Chimerland, Phanama, Changolandia, and 1 other.Choodox.