The People's Republic of Jackpot Justice is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 692 million Jackpot Justiceans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 32.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Jackpot Justicean economy, worth 7.00 trillion starcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,109 starcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jackpot Justice's national animal is the pony.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jackpot Justice's influence in Spear Danes rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Jackpot Justice's influence in Spear Danes rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Jackpot Justice relocated from The League of Lydian to Spear Danes.
- : Jackpot Justice's influence in The League of Lydian rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Jackpot Justice's influence in The League of Lydian rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Jackpot Justice resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jackpot Justice's influence in The League of Lydian rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Jackpot Justice was endorsed by The Stormy Weather of Scanner Darkly.
- : Jackpot Justice was endorsed by The Defenderdom of Imperial RiverCorps Armada 9th Fleet.
- : Jackpot Justice was endorsed by The Grey Beard of BlightBaneVII.