The Caliphate of Iznogoud is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Caliph with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 30.748 billion Iznogoudians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Social Policy and Environment not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baghdad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Iznogoudian economy, worth an astonishing 16,275 trillion dinars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is a breathtaking 529,321 dinars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,975,767 per year while the poor average 46,524, a ratio of 64.0 to 1.
No personal detail is too tiny for the suede-denim census police, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, and the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Iznogoud's national animal is the camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Iznogoud was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Iznogoud was endorsed by The Mostly Insignificant Nation of Ioavollr.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Iznogoud endorsed The Democratic States of The States of Scandinavia.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry.
- : Iznogoud endorsed The Enlightened Consortium of Daucus Carotia.
- : Iznogoud endorsed The Mostly Insignificant Nation of Ioavollr.
- : Iznogoud endorsed The Kingdom of Chotar.
- : Following new legislation in Iznogoud, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Ioavollr.