The Democratic Republic of Izmedu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Gabrijel Papic-Papratovic with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.919 billion Izmeduans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vodiznad. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The large but inefficient Izmeduan economy, worth 755 trillion Lagars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 58,502 Lagars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, every week is blindness awareness week, Gabrijel Papic-Papratovic panders to nontraditional families, and the state believes that nature-oriented summer camps will somehow solve youth crime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Izmedu's national animal is the Skvonk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Federation of Rivogna.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Broustan.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Republic of Arirang Hill.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Just Let It Burn of Emazia.
- : Izmedu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Riverside Van of Lemonadia.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Pretitle of The Marconian State.
- : Izmedu was endorsed by The Sometimes Author Republic of Castarilia.
- : Izmedu published "Izmedu (now non-canon, new factbook to be developed)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Izmedu's influence in Thaecia rose from "Page" to "Squire".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Shoila, Marvinville, Islonia, Giant Redwoods, Fishergate, Besancia, Hulldom, Rushenberg, Dizgovzy, Le Caldreaux, Notariannia, ASEAN Nations, Taungu, World Trade, Freytoria, Castarilia, The Marconian State, Lemonadia, Emazia, Arirang Hill, Broustan, and Rivogna.