The New Republic of Itheria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Shên Sâkaát with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.289 billion Itherians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wéyah Dú. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Itherian economy, worth 615 trillion staáls a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 143,436 staáls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sweet-toothed Itherians have been left penniless by the VAT on candy, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Itheria to be bombproof, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and beggars lack pockets for spare change. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Itheria's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kéism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Itheria resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Itheria, beggars lack pockets for spare change.
- : Following new legislation in Itheria, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
- : Itheria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Conversion Therapy"".
- : Following new legislation in Itheria, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Itheria to be bombproof.
- : Itheria's influence in The Great Experiment rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Following new legislation in Itheria, sweet-toothed Itherians have been left penniless by the VAT on candy.
- : Itheria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Itheria was endorsed by The People's Imperial Union of Numryo.
- : Itheria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.