|Leader||The Supreme Council|
The Social Democratic Republic of Istyu is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by The Supreme Council with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.107 billion Istyans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citta. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The all-consuming Istyan economy, worth a remarkable 2,302 trillion Tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 175,696 Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and money grows on trees. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Istyu's national animal is the White Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Istyu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Istyu's influence in Refugia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Istyu's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Istyu's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Istyu, money grows on trees.
- : Following new legislation in Istyu, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Istyu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest and Highest Food Quality.
- : Following new legislation in Istyu, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Istyu's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Istyu altered its national flag.