The Democratic Republic of Islip is a huge, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 411 million Islipians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Healthcare, although Administration, Education, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Islip City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.6%.
The thriving Islipian economy, worth 25.5 trillion Islip Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 61,976 Islip Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 176,938 per year while the poor average 17,301, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
Tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail, and Islip has designated Islip City as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islip's national animal is the Jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islip was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Islip changed its national capital to "Islip City".
- : Islip voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Islip, Islip has designated Islip City as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Islip, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail.
- : Following new legislation in Islip, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms.
- : Following new legislation in Islip, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects.
- : Following new legislation in Islip, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Islip's influence in Enowiden rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Following new legislation in Islip, the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on Islip.