The Dominion of Isles Union is a large, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 80 million Islanders are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 56.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Isles Unionian economy, worth 1.66 trillion Alaskas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 20,751 Alaskas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Female brains are believed to heat up dangerously when 'overclocked', legislators toe the party line lest the Sergeant-at-Arms decide to conduct "truncheon practice" on the backbench, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, and Leader has taken to wearing medal-adorned military uniform in all public appearances. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Isles Union's national animal is the None, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Isles Union's influence in Liga de Lukaz fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Isles Union resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Isles Union published ""Le Islanderienne" - Islander National Anthem (2022)" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Following new legislation in Isles Union, Leader has taken to wearing medal-adorned military uniform in all public appearances.