|Leader||Federal Council of Glastonbury|
|Faith||All religions are protected|
The Free Land of Isle of Glastonbury is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Federal Council of Glastonbury with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.326 billion Glastonburyans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Shire. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Isle of Glastonburyian economy, worth 174 trillion Norfolks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 131,958 Norfolks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, and the property market is in a bit of a state. Crime is totally unknown. Isle of Glastonbury's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is All religions are protected.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Isle of Glastonbury endorsed The Principality of Alambar.
- : Isle of Glastonbury voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, the property market is in a bit of a state.
- : Isle of Glastonbury was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up.
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : Isle of Glastonbury voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Isle of Glastonbury, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Qvait, The Worst army of, Volaworand, Tepertopia, Amerion, New Briantown, Corgitopiaa, Jehenna, PenguinPies, Aidenfieeld, Royaltica, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Wehraboos, House Ahsanul, Midand, Farengeto, Hanguk-Nippon, Erinor, Ebonhand, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Aumeltopia, Kandorith, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Phanama, Auphelia, Filistinia, Merevane, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Terran Draconia, Zataras, Alfama, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Hyenhnam, Tsunamy, Eskvenn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, West Pastafaria, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Belschaft, Rotenaplistan, Sandaoguo, and 44 others.Beepee, Los Rodeos, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Roterdamia, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Blondiesland, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Lionstrapower, Truskawkoland, WI SD EA D, Honey Cake, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Doge Land, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Ralphburg, Yeses, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Greater Scottdascoda, NIGHTRAY, Eternal Memedom, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Ipugao, Sapientiano, Tughampton, Nyxonia, Gonrati, Noimosini, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Populaa, and Alambar.