The Federation of Islas Tualua is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 408 million Islas Tualuans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Siwale. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.5%.
The very strong Islas Tualuan economy, worth 26.1 trillion Mertals a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 63,944 Mertals, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 233,764 per year while the poor average 12,407, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Large areas of Islas Tualua are not accessible by the public, foreign musicians that Leader dislikes are turned away at the border, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public, and the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islas Tualua's national animal is the Pez Monche, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islas Tualua was endorsed by The Queendom of La Ascension.
- : Islas Tualua was endorsed by The Republic of Lotadia.
- : Islas Tualua was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Sagada.
- : Islas Tualua lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Islas Tualua was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solondor.
- : Islas Tualua was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Islas Tualua was endorsed by The Democratic Sultanate of Janapuri.
- : Following new legislation in Islas Tualua, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Islas Tualua, advertisers are struggling to make water sound cool to a twitchy public.
- : Islas Tualua was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 72 » The Solar System Scope, Zess, Volaworand, Vincent Field, Quiescent, Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Bawkie, Concrete Slab, Tsvetania, Westoc Kinness, Si-topia, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Oskyelion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, United States of Vietnam, Tsunamy, Great Andora, Linguiniland, Lioniel, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, Paranoia, Erinor, Hokoan, Farengeto, Kholdan, Kiasu-ism, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Elveka, Democratic Drals Tum, Zenopolist, Curlyhoward, The Sakhalinsk Empire, Abarri, Seanadia, Jehenna, Jaxon, Rebel-topia, Capitalistic Pig, The National Corporation, Upper Usok Valley, Kringalia, New Briantown, Revellan, Nankyoku Tairiku, Anachronolandia, Aywhyou, and 22 others.North Kanuckistan, Mesotopolis, Democratic Parndia, Towi Lamia, Macrothea, Utondara, RestartAll, Shengtie, Barabarom, Bergenu, Isokenzar, USNE2018, Codalonia, Moreana, Nakarisaune, Mickey-Mouse, Nova Montron, Janapuri, Solondor, Sagada, Lotadia, and La Ascension.