|Leader||The Bear of Burden|
The Northern Isle of IslaMond is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Bear of Burden with a fair hand, and notable for its digital currency, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.892 billion IslaMondians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nordika. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong IslaMondian economy, worth 273 trillion Clods a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,331 Clods, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only adults may purchase violent video games, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets, and a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. IslaMond's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : IslaMond endorsed The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
- : IslaMond was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : IslaMond was endorsed by The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, there's a bright dawn ahead for IslaMond.
- : Following new legislation in IslaMond, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Isentran, Wysrod, Ignis Cinere, Dustwind, Karlando, Ghiamonga, Libertaritaritaritaria, Free Land of Rebellium, Anisopterra, Valentian Elysium, The Republic of Osea, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Pianaville, Solsevara, Marxist Germany, Namakan, Greenmont Federation, Calrad, United States of Island land, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Slaughter Machine, Anollasia, Megistos, The Galactic American Imperium, S Mova Derat, Krystalveil, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Capea, Silvedania, Alemputo, and Dorab.