The Democratic Republic of Iskios is a huge, genial nation, notable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 419 million Iskiosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Education. The average income tax rate is 83.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Iskiosian economy, worth 11.0 trillion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 26,240 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids laugh off vandalism and arson as "just fun", sex changes are routinely performed at Iskios's hospitals, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, and authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iskios's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iskios was endorsed by The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom.
- : Iskios was endorsed by The Kingdom of New-El.
- : Iskios was endorsed by The Federation of Xinchao.
- : Iskios was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Iskios lost the endorsement of The Fiefdom of Sailence.
- : Iskios was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Iskios voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Language Act".
- : Following new legislation in Iskios, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Following new legislation in Iskios, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Iskios, sex changes are routinely performed at Iskios's hospitals.
Endorsements Received: 101 » Yaorozu, Shin-Hachioji, Vegetarian States, South Grand Mountain, Plembobria, Kaschovia, Great Bights Mum, Lavanania, Marsh Castle, Forunte, Notyoutopia, Anima Proxa, Sheppey, Coemgen, Diodone, Kingdom of Space, Bharathvarsh, Pallaith, Siwale, HMS Unicorn, Selfgradatude, Sunto, McMasterdonia, Holy Oranz, Friently, Zemnaya Svoboda, Alice Gardens, Kwaj, Zedeya, Prevaland, Shadowrik, Aenglaland, Beowulfe, Yukti, AdyLand, Malta Comino Gozo, The Utopian Movement, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, Sankami, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Reannia, Articune, Che Sana Und, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, ABC, United States of Panthalassa, Seven Hills, Republic of Dixie, and 51 others.Vogonlandia, Sil Dorsett, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, Stareogratia, Zandir Antari, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Maestros haven, American MapleStory, Amerian States, Territorio di Nessuno, Pakistan 001, Horsley Land, General COE, Tredano, Xentherida, Cuyan, Coppicia, Slaughterhouse Nine, Fawkenia, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Sanjurika, Phillywob, The Archer Republic, Corfad, Wodan, Thenaca, Gellandia, Rockym, Deropia, Walist, Blurds, Beodarasc, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Morrn, Victoriaans Nederlands, Midds Conia, Xinchao, New-El, and Unimaginable Doom.