The Republic of Irador is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its teetotalling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 629 million Iradorians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arrenta. The average income tax rate is 28.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iradorian economy, worth 77.7 trillion Rodars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 123,582 Rodars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Arrenta's water use, and libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Irador's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Irador was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Irador, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Irador, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Arrenta's water use.
- : Following new legislation in Irador, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
- : Irador was endorsed by The WP Guardian Nation of BIteland.
- : Irador was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Irador voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Following new legislation in Irador, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Following new legislation in Irador, armed police are cracking down on untaxed collectable-card-trading in local junior schools.
- : Following new legislation in Irador, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Fuentana, Dayadhvam, Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, Holmani, Anuubis, Liberillia, IndyCar Racing, Fujai, Recuecn, Eisengrun, Cro Magnon, Westwind, Mediobogdum, Wickedly evil people, Pandaland II, Papercuts and Skittles, Gryphonian Alliance, The Unified Missourtama States, Nieubasria, Nusmia, Zoran, Plankstein, Numpties, Psikuta, Barcocoland, Kisovec, Surroosia, Kittenlicious, DiscGolfLand, Cryland, Pandaland III, Oronia, Arnic, Sindria, Common Good, Shaktirajya, The United Republic of Westend, Condonohia, Oometz, Shaqolandia, Hiems, Emark, Mathematania, Giovanniland, Ellcrys, Thevinia, The Undivided, Dilber, Greg Tucker, and 2 others.Hamburg Neo, and BIteland.