|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 23.143 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 5,063 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 218,813 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Iontian satellites can detect it, The Executive Leader's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Incanate of Hanrimac.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Ascendancy of The Union Empire.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Incorporated States of FreeSofia.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, The Executive Leader's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.
- : Iontan endorsed The Theocracy of Delange Road.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Theocracy of Delange Road.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it... Iontian satellites can detect it.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Slaytania, Matterland, Coreras, Spncrgmn, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, Lacuna, Anollasia, Tzo, Dustwind, Killettland, Maalemzya, Wysrod, Keswickholt, Calachia, Free Land of Rebellium, Isentran, Ferte, Karlando, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Valentian Elysium, Airday, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, The Republic of Osea, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Namakan, Johnne Green, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Solsevara, Marxist Germany, Manurajya, Novegia, Gal Cradia, Calrad, Zeklandia, United States of Island land, Seranis, Drewish, and 46 others.Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Testa, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Onfande, The Galactic American Imperium, Holma, Greater Puptioneberadon, Krystalveil, Selu-Ahare, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Renetopia, Greater Theowherveld, Silvedania, Venmere, Grimmywelsh, Samonaemia, Dovant, Violent Trees, Graemania, Faradova, Horacellum, Vestyria, Ali Faridi, Cathamye, The Territories of Sealand, Burka, New England Two, Katitania, Xanthorrhoea, Sashkoland, Iron Soviet, Herfenzir, Potato puppet of potatoland, Victorian Dynasty, Macrasetia, Girls Who Say Bruh, New Kowloon Bay, Rouses, Wes Eloniostanisstan, Delange Road, FreeSofia, The Union Empire, and Hanrimac.