|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.584 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 6,081 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 228,762 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Iontan is ranked 312,846th in the world and 1,087th in 10000 Islands for Highest Disposable Incomes, with zero Standard Monetary Units.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Volgren.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Iontan endorsed The Democratic Republic of Dreyas.
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Dreyas.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Iontan endorsed The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Lenlyvit, Clialaad, Zebastani, United States of Island land, Free Land of Rebellium, Tramolvalnia, Macrasetia, Blogotopia, Greater Sus, Grimmywelsh, Dreyas, and Volgren.