|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 21.988 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 4,846 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 220,414 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", there's never a spare chair in the retirement home, and some paycheques only arrive every 12 to 24 weeks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, some paycheques only arrive every 12 to 24 weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Iontan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the official Iontian Phrase Book weighs as much as a small child.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Slaytania, Matterland, Solleana, Coreras, Spncrgmn, Zyrcrestia, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, Lacuna, Anollasia, Tzo, Dustwind, Killettland, Maalemzya, Wysrod, Keswickholt, Ignis Cinere, Calachia, Free Land of Rebellium, Isentran, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Libertaritaritaritaria, Karlando, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, Airday, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Greenmont Federation, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Great Ranges, Namakan, Johnne Green, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Liberdon, and 43 others.Solsevara, Islands of Czechia, Marxist Germany, Manurajya, Novegia, Gal Cradia, Pianaville, Calrad, Makykay, Zeklandia, United States of Island land, Seranis, Drewish, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Testa, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Onfande, The Galactic American Imperium, Holma, S Mova Derat, Ner Epiand, Megistos, Greater Puptioneberadon, Krystalveil, Lisokyo, Selu-Ahare, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Saint Islaw Wra, Tausend Seen, Wischland, Renetopia, The Indian Royalty, Nibi Naabe, Capea, Richmondroads, Greater Theowherveld, Silvedania, Alemputo, Venmere, Dorab, and Grimmywelsh.