The Dominion of Ionistan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Fu Sion with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 8.66 billion Ionistanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isotope City. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ionistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,123 trillion Atoms a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,711 Atoms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Ionistan. Crime is totally unknown. Ionistan's national animal is the opossum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ionistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : Ionistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Altino".
- : Ionistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Ionistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Kuriko"".
- : Ionistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
- : Ionistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Evil Wolf"".
- : Ionistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "GMO International Trade Accord".
- : Ionistan was endorsed by The Free Land of Beanz.
- : Ionistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Ionistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and Most Valuable International Artwork.