The Mostly Insignificant Nation of Ioavollr is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory vegetarianism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 23.667 billion Humans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Ioavollrian economy, worth 353 trillion ISSP Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 14,927 ISSP Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax ISSP Credits each year. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ioavollr's national animal is the Kodiak, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ioavollr endorsed The Republic of Skansk.
- : Ioavollr endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Tirunzia.
- : Ioavollr endorsed The United Kingdom of Free Nation of Icelandic creatures.
- : Ioavollr endorsed The Caliphate of Iznogoud.
- : Ioavollr endorsed The Democratic States of The States of Scandinavia.
- : Ioavollr endorsed The Empire of Gateslandia.
- : Ioavollr lodged a message on the Scandinavia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ioavollr, citizens select which government department gets their income tax ISSP Credits each year.
- : Following new legislation in Ioavollr, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations.
- : Following new legislation in Ioavollr, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.