The United Dank Meme Hunters of Intermountain States is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Han Yul with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.982 billion Memers are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gyeonghan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The powerhouse Intermountain Statesian economy, worth 658 trillion Hwans a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 110,053 Hwans, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Intermountain Statesian bee, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Intermountain States's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Intermountain States changed its national motto to "Unleash the frogs of war".
- : Intermountain States's influence in Ordis rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Intermountain States's influence in Ordis rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Intermountain States's influence in Ordis rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Intermountain States's influence in Ordis rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Intermountain States's influence in Ordis rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Intermountain States relocated from Tiandi to Ordis.
- : Intermountain States's influence in Tiandi rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Intermountain States published "Armed Forces of the United Systems Confederation: Power Armors" (Factbook: Military).
- : Intermountain States changed its national demonym to "Memers".