The Temporarily a Sultanate of Insaanistan is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Soraya Khan with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.033 billion Insaanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muslimbol. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Insaani economy, worth 321 trillion Dinars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,708 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape, lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences", the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Insaanistan's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Insaanistan's influence in Libertarium rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Insaanistan became WA Delegate of Libertarium.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Tremulo.