The Republic of Insaanistan is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Mahamat Abdoulaye with a fair hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, frequent executions, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.009 billion Insaanis love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muslimbol. The average income tax rate is 84.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Insaani economy, worth 568 trillion Dinars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,043 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, the military struggles with recruitment, and running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Insaanistan's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Insaanistan published "Chapter 2: Touching Down" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Insaanistan published "Chapter 2: The Prophecy" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Insaanistan published "Chapter 1: The Children" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Insaanistan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Insaanistan was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Insaanistan lost WA Delegate status in Libertarium.
- : Insaanistan was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Insaanistan became WA Delegate of Libertarium.
- : Insaanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.