|Leader||National Leader Neran Tesatsky|
The Black Union of Ingostan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by National Leader Neran Tesatsky with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.439 billion Ingostanis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Macen. The average income tax rate is 57.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ingostani economy, worth 271 trillion blackmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 188,342 blackmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every conceivable scenic location has been completely booked by couples desperate to marry, the government's approval ratings go down while its turnover rate goes up, high-tech infantry rifles automatically reload when the soldier shoots outside the screen of their helmet HUD, and unpopular politicians are often caught between a rock and a hard place. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ingostan's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, unpopular politicians are often caught between a rock and a hard place.
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, high-tech infantry rifles automatically reload when the soldier shoots outside the screen of their helmet HUD.
- : Ingostan was endorsed by The Technocracy of Branalia.
- : Ingostan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest and Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, the government's approval ratings go down while its turnover rate goes up.
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, every conceivable scenic location has been completely booked by couples desperate to marry.
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance.
- : Ingostan endorsed The Immortal Empire of Refarria.
- : Ingostan was endorsed by The Immortal Empire of Refarria.
- : Following new legislation in Ingostan, dangerous criminals are often 'accidentally' sent on one-way trips to Maxtopia.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Shronok, Jocospor, Merconitonitopia, Yugagar, Regna Loreau, La Polizia Si Incazza, Kazakah, Tertania, Hunem, Andoros, Comein, Great Morningstar, Coalora, Shiya, North Emestia, Ruthlessnia, The Souless Damned, Khanbaliq Mongolia, Famarrod, ShrewLlamaLand, Apermania, Asiopolmia, Holy Barracuda, Grouberdastchereichenstag, Scherzinger, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Vinitas, Vlamms Statt, Fetra, Winter Gulley, Castelia, Country of CityTowne, Refarria, and Branalia.