The Empire of Ingentis Novus is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dominus with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, public floggings, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.567 billion Ingentis Novusians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castellum. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ingentis Novusian economy, worth 660 trillion Nomismata a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 185,244 Nomismata, with the richest citizens earning 7.6 times as much as the poorest.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, airport security is provided by private companies, the entire entry for Ingentis Novus in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ingentis Novus's national animal is the tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ingentis Novus endorsed The Federal Republic of Santos-Dominius.
- : Ingentis Novus was endorsed by The Omnipresent Baby of Doom of Varanius.
- : Ingentis Novus was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Santos-Dominius.
- : Ingentis Novus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ingentis Novus, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Ingentis Novus, the entire entry for Ingentis Novus in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in Ingentis Novus, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in Ingentis Novus, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Ingentis Novus endorsed The Democratic States of Draggy.
- : Ingentis Novus endorsed The Commonwealth of Yldania.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Westwind, Dilber, Atheist States of Philippines, Mirchusko, Fujai, Arnic, Pandaland II, Greynne, Psikuta, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Sindria, Mathematania, Condonohia, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Marina Nova, Holmani, Kiensu, Einherfell, Leukogeras, Mediobogdum, Liberillia, Loegries, Volkason, The Technocratic Ideas, Archonina, Giovanniland, Kisovec, Hamburg Neo, Grand Republic of the Sun, BIteland, Zoran, Moriari, The Father-Land, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Mackieron, DiscGolfLand, Muad-Dib, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Anuubis, Galaxy Meows, Plarland Amex, Lodiberdade, The Undivided, Orson Welles, Arvladma, Podium, and 9 others.Professor thomas, The Anti-Social Socialists, Av Libertas Vindex, Nas Crustium, The North American Assembly, Parasang, Free Radio States, Draggy, and Santos-Dominius.