|Capital||the Capital District|
|Leader||Minister of Information|
The Ministry of Information of the Communist Bloc is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Minister of Information with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.662 billion Comrades are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Capital District. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Information of the Communist Blocian economy, worth 189 trillion words a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 71,128 words, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Torture is illegal, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, and Minister of Information's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent. Information of the Communist Bloc's national animal is the article, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Egoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Information of the Communist Bloc's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Information of the Communist Bloc altered its national flag.
- : Information of the Communist Bloc published "Image Repository of The Communist Bloc (WIP)" (Meta: Reference).
- : Information of the Communist Bloc's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Information of the Communist Bloc relocated from Lazarus to The Communist Bloc.
- : Information of the Communist Bloc was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Information of the Communist Bloc ceased to exist in The Communist Bloc.
- : Information of the Communist Bloc was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Information of the Communist Bloc's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Information of the Communist Bloc changed its national name to "Information of the Communist Bloc".