The Disputed Territories of Indoctia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 620 million Indoctians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Indoctian economy, worth 26.2 trillion deniers a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,252 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps, Indoctia City spends billions upgrading public transport, prices for nearly everything reach all-time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued, and people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Indoctia's national animal is the narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Indoctia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Engales and Southern Ireland.
- : Indoctia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Indoctia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, prices for nearly everything reach all-time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, Indoctia City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Indoctia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Indoctia was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
Endorsements Received: 63 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Brakanistan, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, Saint Domingo, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Thracia Republic, The Champions League, Elisabethshagen, Troltovia, Irminsulia, Arlanisa, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Bavira, Permorania, Aura Banitia, Free Furentenia, Wombelland, The Kingdom of Denmark, Pydrus, WaffleEmpire, Republic of Satherland, Estonesia, Slavorussia, Supcotia, The Seven Provinces, An Clar, Gingera, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Viciebskaja, Mantcor, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, Fearann nan Albannaich, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Regnum Italiae, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Nardin, and 13 others.Enway, Apabeossie, Feria-Alkaline, Einswenn, Alsted, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Mallesia, Sienkahn, Legique, Kanokla, Continental Social Democrats, and Engales and Southern Ireland.