The Holy Empire of Imprisoned Freeman is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 301 million Imprisoned Freemen are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buggerland. The average income tax rate is 43.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Imprisoned Freemanian economy, worth 25.5 trillion Thingamajigs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,731 Thingamajigs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified, nudity is frowned upon, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Imprisoned Freeman, and tax rises are attributed to divine will. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imprisoned Freeman's national animal is the Levitating Ostrich, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Imprisoned Freeman.
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, nudity is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified.
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Imprisoned Freeman changed its national capital to "Buggerland".
- : Imprisoned Freeman changed its national animal to "Levitating Ostrich".
- : Imprisoned Freeman voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Imprisoned Freeman voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Imprisoned Freeman, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Pakitsk, Technocratic Tagalog, Our Gods, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Asendavia, La xinga, Staynes, Brotherland, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Zukchiva, The Three States of Fortuna, Chria Deau, Wiranath, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rainbow Vests, Wizardonia, Elejamie, Kaigi, Tshana, Harro Waarudho, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, A Slanted Black Stripe, Under Sea Desert, The Soviet Space Commie Union, BearStackof2015, Iodinia, Unger under over, Kelsyth, Didusland, Layngderfleethe, Mays Austrian Nation, Cameronia Excellentia, Headpat Central, Talitoa, Slys Paws, Axdel, Urimel, East Malaysia, Dragonia, Lyontisia, Lanagon, Adavan, Squid Ruinosa, Modra, Adioration, ReeK, Quinto Piano, and 20 others.Roissyland, Tseriesiscoming, Davinhia, Hokolokia, Libertanny, Tretrid, BuciLand, Filipopol, A mean old man, Adolanta, Biggstonia, Dragons Blood, Zang0, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, The island of Kiria, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Ridann, and Refuge Isle.