|Leader||Imperator Maximilian IV|
The Holy Roman Empire of Imperiium is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Imperator Maximilian IV with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 10.661 billion Imperials are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Civitas Magna. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 3,046 trillion Aureuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 285,780 Aureuses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 832,453 per year while the poor average 77,566, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
There's a bright dawn ahead for Imperiium, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims, anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperiium's national animal is the Aquilam, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, there's a bright dawn ahead for Imperiium.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, black market eau de toilette is made in bathroom labs across the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, the arms industry is backed by government subsidies and harsh anti-protest laws are in place.
- : Following new legislation in Imperiium, the last thing Imperial soldiers hear before charging into battle is a preacher trying to convert them.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Yugagar, Winter Gulley, Jocospor, Regna Loreau, Coalora, Merconitonitopia, Hunem, Famarrod, Grouberdastchereichenstag, ShrewLlamaLand, Country of CityTowne, Holy Barracuda, Slavokian, The Grand Empire of Kertha, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, American Pere Housh, Vinitas, Fetra, Terra de Combattimento, Blutiges Imperium, Branalia, Castelia, Refarria, Great Morningstar, Comein, The great Beaver, and Vlamms Statt.