The United Socialist States of Imperial Terra Australis is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The quiet, industrious population of 370 million Imperial Terra Australisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Impenetrabilia PortŠ. The average income tax rate is 49.7%.
The very strong Imperial Terra Australisian economy, worth 30.6 trillion Imperial Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 82,678 Imperial Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook, and most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial Terra Australis's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial Terra Australis was endorsed by The People's Republic of Koowba.
- : Imperial Terra Australis endorsed The People's Republic of The Great Black Flag.
- : Imperial Terra Australis endorsed The United socilist states of Empire of china.
- : Imperial Terra Australis endorsed The People's Republic of United States of Stalinia.
- : Imperial Terra Australis lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Imperial Terra Australis was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hyrule world.
- : Imperial Terra Australis endorsed The Kingdom of Hyrule world.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Terra Australis, most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade.
- : Imperial Terra Australis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Terra Australis, the Farmer's Almanac is the most popular college textbook.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Trabardia, Illeron, The Marxian Commune, Shamian, Kethania, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Transbiansylvania, Vulga, Obster, The palace of God 2, Redternetia, Vascoviy, Zaversko, Uinted Communist of Africa, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Pazakistan, Republic of Yugoslavia, Marxmeans, Dominicland, Anarhic Morrowind, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Free Atlantis, -Gregoria, Servilis, The Free Irish Union, The Great Black Flag, United States of Stalinia, Global Earth, Empire of china, Hyrule world, and Koowba.