|Leader||Marquis Giacomo Keller-Strotz|
The Greater Realm of Imperial Sobek is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Marquis Giacomo Keller-Strotz with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 8.181 billion Sobekan are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sobek City. The average income tax rate is 70.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Sobeki economy, worth 297 trillion Sobeki Tresks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 36,354 Sobeki Tresks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities, and Sobekan incessantly needle their doctors for relief. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial Sobek's national animal is the Isalian Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Imperial Sobek relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Imperial Sobek altered its national flag.
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Imperial Sobek was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Imperial Sobek ceased to exist in Independent Order.
- : Imperial Sobek's influence in Independent Order rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".