The Holy Empire of Imperial Pontia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Atheris with an iron fist, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.199 billion Pontics are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Propast. The average income tax rate is 60.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pontic economy, worth 318 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 144,883 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Bike rage is all the rage, male friends are often accompanied by a female relative in order to prove their 'straightness', nobody is forced to join the armed forces, and wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Imperial Pontia's national animal is the Manticore, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lothric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial Pontia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Imperial Pontia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Imperial Pontia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, the Top 5% for Most Corrupt Governments, and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Pontia, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Pontia, nobody is forced to join the armed forces.
- : Imperial Pontia relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Imperial Pontia altered its national flag.
- : Imperial Pontia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Imperial Pontia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Imperial Pontia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Reannia.