The Daiteikoku of Imperial--japan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Regent Jingū with an even hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 12.564 billion Japanese are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 64.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Japanese economy, worth a remarkable 2,042 trillion Yen a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 162,551 Yen, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
A survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, Imperial--japan successfully hosted the Lazarus Olympics, and the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial--japan's national animal is the Koi fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Shintō.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Imperial--japan relocated from Iozunaka to Lazarus.
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Iozunaka fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Iozunaka fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Imperial--japan's influence in Iozunaka rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Imperial--japan lodged a message on the Iozunaka Regional Message Board.
- : Imperial--japan relocated from Lazarus to Iozunaka.
- : Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Imperial--japan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.