The Republic of IMHO is a very large, efficient nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 121 million Honest People are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.3%.
The very strong IMHOian economy, worth 7.17 trillion honest-ias a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 59,252 honest-ias, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 174,780 per year while the poor average 15,800, a ratio of 11.1 to 1.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, voting is compulsory, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in the Rejected Realms. Crime is moderate. IMHO's national animal is the honesty giraffe, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : IMHO published "Week Three" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : IMHO's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : IMHO published "Week Two." (Meta: Gameplay).
- : IMHO's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : IMHO published "Week One." (Meta: Gameplay).
- : IMHO's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : IMHO was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in IMHO, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in the Rejected Realms.
- : IMHO changed its national motto to "Send us your confessions; they will remain anonymous!".
- : IMHO altered its national flag.