The Faceless Republic of Imbarien is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 9.815 billion Imbarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imbarien City. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Imbarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,200 trillion Coffeebeans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 122,281 Coffeebeans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians live in abject luxury, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason, and only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile. Crime is almost non-existent. Imbarien's national animal is the Norn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imbarien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Imbarien was endorsed by The People's Republic of United Socialists of the Highest Power.
- : Imbarien was endorsed by The Community of Craven States.
- : Imbarien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Imbarien was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tuga Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Imbarien, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in Imbarien, angst-filled teenagers are rushing off to buy government bonds for some odd reason.
- : Following new legislation in Imbarien, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Imbarien, politicians live in abject luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Imbarien, every week is blindness awareness week.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Achiotopia, Tzo, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, Solleana, Osea Island, Rex Republic, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Grungerock, Matterland, Testa, Kelvinski, Mystiquelle, Coreras, Beiluxia, FreeGunsForAll, Spncrgmn, Blogotopia, Slaytania, The Republic of lkxciv, The United Dog Days Providence, New Katamenia, Zeganas, A Death Arena, The Tasmanian Islands, Aedue, Perzische Keizer, Siuts, Wysrod, Spiritbw, Atlanta Island, Grimlandia, Aleg, Soldaten des Hippokrates, Boltor, Venkorata, Striagro Uspil, Tabbertonia, Flezzola, Craven States, and United Socialists of the Highest Power.