The Free Land of Imagey Nation is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.04 billion Imageys are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nation Center. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The enormous but inefficient Imagey Nationian economy, worth a remarkable 1,413 trillion pens a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,330 pens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
East Lebatuckese astronauts' favorite game during downtime on the Multinational Space Station is 'I Spy', roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, bike rage is all the rage, and future leaders of Imagey Nation regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imagey Nation's national animal is the serpent, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imagey Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Texas"".
- : Imagey Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Internet Neutrality".
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Imagey Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn General Halcones"".
- : Imagey Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Political Discrimination".
- : Imagey Nation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: None.