The Kingdom of Iln is a small, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 26 million Ilnians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.9%.
The very strong Ilnian economy, worth 1.43 trillion Golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 54,907 Golds, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and genetic researchers have been expelled. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iln's national animal is the Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iln's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Iln's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Iln's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Iln was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Iln relocated from Enadia to Hiyamashu.
- : Iln altered its national flag.
- : Iln relocated from The West Pacific to Enadia.
- : Following new legislation in Iln, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Following new legislation in Iln, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Iln, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.