The Democratic Republic of IllyrianAlbania is a huge, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 376 million Albanians enjoy great social freedoms and frequent elections, where the majority of the populace regularly votes to increase its benefits at the expense of various hapless minorities.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tirana. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Albanian economy, worth 27.1 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is 72,002 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The suicide rate mysteriously skyrockets during census years, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, and swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. IllyrianAlbania's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, the suicide rate mysteriously skyrockets during census years.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, finding half a worm in your apple is an arrestable offense.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, diaper sales are up.
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, caps with skulls on them are the height of fashion.
- : IllyrianAlbania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in IllyrianAlbania, the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Viciebskaja, Fearann nan Albannaich, Bahnhofstrasse, Thracia Republic, Apabeossie, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Troltovia, Northern German Federation, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Elisabethshagen, Hertogenbosch, Kalifer and Baska, Outer Sparta, An Clar, The Champions League, The Kingdom of Denmark, Greater Albaina, Free Furentenia, Dark Matter, Nardin, Miharr, Stromia, Yahlia, Jim the Baptist, Irminsulia, Mantcor, Galway-Dublin, The Mongol Plain, GanymedEuropa, Mallesia, Alba-Nord, The New Nordic Union, Germany Third Reich, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, Shagolaa, The Austro-Germanic States, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, Corthaen, Pilipinas and Malaya, Lieges, Confederation of Westphalia, Regnum Italiae, Anskerdank, Porury, Navence, Lyallpur, Kingdom Of Krakow, and 28 others.Greate San Marino, Enway, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Boxist, Kardjali, Super Happy Land, The Seven Provinces, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, Slavorussia, Chioganah, Old World Order, Brakanistan, Wessex and Cornwall, Brittanoire, Arsenial, Free Workers Macedon, Preusses, Bavira, Aluaren, Einswenn, Feria-Alkaline, Elitestland, Sienkahn, Supcotia, The Fair Republic, and Socialist Balkans.