The Federation of Ilisseia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 628 million Ilisseians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Illondcamwigburg. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Ilisseian economy, worth 19.4 trillion Ili Marks a year, is highly specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 30,850 Ili Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and fruit pickers with degrees in Lince psychology are a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ilisseia's national animal is the Lince, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, fruit pickers with degrees in Lince psychology are a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, the nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits.
- : Ilisseia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Prevaland.
- : Ilisseia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Ilisseia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Prevaland.
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Ilisseia's radio stations.
- : Ilisseia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Ilisseia, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Dutchyland, Bothia, Sil Dorsett, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sunto, Valdr, Vantaria, Parisatlover, Notyoutopia, Legique, Siwale, Kubrostavsria, Chukstik Illahi, New Lakemba, Alice Gardens, Omicron Persei V111, Kingdom of Space, Camarthen, New Ganjastan, Felpolandia, Holy Oranz, Upper Portlandia, Kyrianian, Elevation, Kwaj, Reannia, Kaschovia, The Utopian Initiative, Neo Colorado, Mercy Land, Pallaith, Frances Francis the First of France, Wisconsota, Shadowrik, Enosville, Southern Allican, Coemgen, Sankami, Fengate, Ovsterland, General COE, Kiberio, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Das People, Ainsworth, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, and 28 others.Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Cleoskye, Selfgradatude, Wineclaw, Erfworld, Rylam, Kobagia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, American MapleStory, Kizja, Anima Proxa, Religioncord, McMasterdonia, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Sheppey, Forunte, Zedeya, Yukti, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Prevaland.