The Three Lions of Ikania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Gareth Southgate with an iron fist, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, smutty television, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 10.826 billion Ikanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liverpool. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ikanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,125 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 103,980 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', CEOs are forced to cut coupons during important conference calls to make ends meet, prison libraries are being replaced with interrogation chambers, and jaywalking is punishable by public flogging. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ikania's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Football.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ikania's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ikania lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Ikania altered its national flag.
- : Ikania changed its national capital to "Liverpool", its currency to "pound", its faith to "Football", and its leader to "Gareth Southgate".
- : Ikania changed its national motto to "CAM ON ENGLAND" and its nation type to "Three Lions".
- : Ikania was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ikania ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Ikania resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Ikania, jaywalking is punishable by public flogging.
- : Following new legislation in Ikania, prison libraries are being replaced with interrogation chambers.