|Leader||Prime Minister Tony Astor|
The Federal Blue Republic of Iglot is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Tony Astor with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.983 billion Iglotians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eksdee City. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iglotian economy, worth 269 trillion hatdogs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,722 hatdogs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, war vets look after war animals, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iglot's national animal is the Vampire Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iglot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Iglot voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Iglot voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Iglot was endorsed by The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Following new legislation in Iglot, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Arvladma, Wickedly evil people, Cro Magnon, Giovanniland, IndyCar Racing, BIteland, Dilber, San Mazer, Kittenlicious, Fujai, Fuentana, Westwind, Gryphonian Alliance, Greynne, Wyndward, Atheist States of Philippines, Liberillia, Kiensu, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Shaktirajya, Bhang Bhang Duc, Mathematania, The Rega, Hamburg Neo, Kisovec, Constantinopolisia, Pandaland II, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, The Undivided, Dowaesk, Weratt, Willow Gate, Altana Pacifica, The Anti-Social Socialists, The North American Assembly, Santos-Dominius, Sirulinuck, Terra Socialiste, Orson Welles, Lodiberdade, Zoran, Plarland Amex, Papercuts and Skittles, Archonina, and Nagaraningrad.