The Commonwealth of Ideotopia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 509 million Ideotopians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iustitia. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ideotopian economy, worth 23.9 trillion simoleons a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 46,911 simoleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad, and the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ideotopia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ideotopia, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters.
- : Ideotopia endorsed The Lacking of HumanSanity.
- : Ideotopia endorsed The Oligarchy of Vystrania.
- : Ideotopia was endorsed by The Lacking of HumanSanity.
- : Ideotopia was endorsed by The Oligarchy of Vystrania.
- : Ideotopia's influence in Refugia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Ideotopia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Bapaving.
- : Following new legislation in Ideotopia, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad.
- : Ideotopia endorsed The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : Ideotopia endorsed The Dominion of Chacapoya.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Sylh Alanor, Junitaki-cho, Melenavenia, Laisou, Elenaraghaenaris, Floofybit, Tovenia, Araine, Cadenzana, Liphia, Michelland, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Nerdy Tangent, Narwhal, Typica, Tre Bia Land, Indimu, New Filippe, Sueloc, Republic of Central Darfur, Imbault, Lower French Gregballs, Golden gateway, Fracoda, Parapollacis, Koayo, Chacapoya, Feu de Glace, Bapaving, and Vystrania.