The NationStates of Ichu is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Yodle with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, avant-garde cinema, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.128 billion Ichuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Administration, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NationStates. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Ichuan economy, worth a remarkable 1,794 trillion Coins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Furniture Restoration, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 196,590 Coins, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, the collars keep falling off pet snakes, and heartwarming sentiments are even hotter now. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ichu's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Yodlism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, heartwarming sentiments are even hotter now.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, the collars keep falling off pet snakes.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, fast-food chefs regularly win Health Innovation Awards for spitting on burgers.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, CSI Forest is this year's hit new crime show.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- : Ichu's influence in Sweden rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
- : Following new legislation in Ichu, one lone government employee can be seen hunting for the elusive stray white dog.