The Queendom of Ianu is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.689 billion Ianuans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The strong Ianuan economy, worth 326 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 57,353 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 441,031 per year while the poor average 1,997, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Voting is voluntary and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ianu's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ianu's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Ianu's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Hermit" to "Apprentice".
- : Ianu's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Ianu relocated from Purgatory to Hsiao Han.
- : Ianu's influence in Purgatory rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Ianu's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ianu's influence in Purgatory rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ianu's influence in Purgatory rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ianu's influence in Purgatory rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Ianu relocated from Iantopia to Purgatory.