|Currency||New Republican Goatrarch|
The Exalted Republic of Iacomia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Reginald Worthington-Smythe with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 15.9 billion Iacoms are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iacomiopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iacomian economy, worth a remarkable 2,665 trillion New Republican Goatrarches a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 167,647 New Republican Goatrarches, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, Iacoms struggle to cut steak with a spoon, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, and dining out often involves Goats on the plate no matter what you order. Crime is totally unknown. Iacomia's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is rather pleasant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iacomia, dining out often involves Goats on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Iacomia, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Iacomia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Iacomia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Iacomia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Iacomia, Iacoms struggle to cut steak with a spoon.
- : Iacomia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Iacomia, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Iacomia, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Iacomia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
Endorsements Received: None.