The United Socialist States of Hytterlander is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 399 million Hytterlanderians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Megamaxian Megalopolis. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Hytterlanderian economy, worth 30.1 trillion Hyttes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 75,546 Hyttes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A soldier's body is a temple, every worker receives exactly the same pay regardless of productivity, the government is paving paradises to put up parking lots, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hytterlander's national animal is the white shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hytterlander was endorsed by The Republic of Catillos.
- : Hytterlander was endorsed by The Empire of B H A R A T.
- : Hytterlander was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Hytterlander was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Myness.
- : Following new legislation in Hytterlander, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Hytterlander, the government is paving paradises to put up parking lots.
- : Following new legislation in Hytterlander, every worker receives exactly the same pay regardless of productivity.
- : Following new legislation in Hytterlander, a soldier's body is a temple.
- : Following new legislation in Hytterlander, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Hytterlander was endorsed by The Lucky Holy Blue of Weburya.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Melicorium, Aidenfieeld, The Filippinas, Jehenna, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Abarri, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Holy Free, Iym Winterless, Kervanosia, Mapico, Bawkie, Farengeto, Land Without Shrimp, Rabbitz, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, The United Expanse, PenguinPies, Madreia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Merevane, Anserisa, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Beepee, Drystar, Curlyhoward, Kiasu-ism, Ralphburg, Omiri, Freest Freedonia, Erimo, Gnofnordclancedenilland, Bear Connors Paradiso, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, West Pastafaria, Gonrati, Marinho Islands, Starsight, ChickenDome, Darakin, Shefino, Crystal Creation, NganXuan, and 41 others.Springhollow, Compli, Kandorith, Royaltica, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Nova Kobol, Matak Tribes, Laamiva, West Fallows, RussiaSpetsnaz1, Qawe, The White Raj, Eskvenn, Well F, Rhetiaa, The Radanivans, United States of Vietnam, Tepertopia, Purple Hyacinth, New Briantown, Vincent Field, Efferalt, Briteannia, Ovkianos, Yeldarbsland, The Mancunian republic, Flaksis, Drugged Monkeys, The Tecorogan Federation, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Hare Jordans, Trotkys paradise, Midand, Concrete Slab, Tsvetania, Weburya, Myness, B H A R A T, and Catillos.