The Nation States of Hystaria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Maxim Gorgen with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.245 billion Hystarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hystaria. The average income tax rate is 14.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hystarian economy, worth 799 trillion Hystarian Yerks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 188,225 Hystarian Yerks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hystaria's national animal is the Cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cults.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hystaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Envoy" to "Contender".
- : Hystaria's influence in Protias rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Hystaria relocated from Osiris to Protias.
- : Hystaria was refounded in Osiris.
- : Hystaria ceased to exist in Protias.