The Kingdom of Light of HyperionSun is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Golden High King Gilgamesh with an even hand, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 9.603 billion Angels are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Welfare and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of Gold. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Angel economy, worth a remarkable 1,780 trillion Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 185,443 Drachmas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 772,168 per year while the poor average 29,113, a ratio of 26.5 to 1.
Maxtopians are both starving and giddy after the Angel military unleashed its biological weapons, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', and schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. HyperionSun's national animal is the Chimera, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HyperionSun's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : HyperionSun's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : HyperionSun was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens, Largest Gambling Industry, Most Armed, and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 5% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : HyperionSun's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : HyperionSun was refounded in Osiris.
- : HyperionSun ceased to exist in Balder.
- : HyperionSun's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : HyperionSun's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : HyperionSun's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : HyperionSun's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".