|Capital||Hydroponic Nation City|
The Bird Is The Word of Hydroponic Nation is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Hydroponicus with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 32.804 billion Hydroponicans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hydroponic Nation City. The average income tax rate is 52.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hydroponic Nationian economy, worth a remarkable 4,876 trillion Funyons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,659 Funyons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, and voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hydroponic Nation's national animal is the Wombat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hydroponic Nation was endorsed by The Federation of Many Places and Regions.
- : Hydroponic Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : Hydroponic Nation's influence in Wysteria fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hydroponic Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Hydroponic Nation's influence in Wysteria rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Hydroponic Nation lodged a message on the Wysteria Regional Message Board.
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibit Private Prisons".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".