The Commonwealth of Hyat is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Fin Wendell with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, digital currency, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 2.354 billion Hyatis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Administration, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vru. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hyati economy, worth 273 trillion quid a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 116,043 quid, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests, the entirety of Fin Wendell's administration can be crammed into a phone booth, Hyat's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and schoolchildren are taught to boo and hiss at Fin Wendell's name. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hyat's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Confucianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyat was endorsed by The Republic of Prodstrazka.
- : Hyat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Hyat, schoolchildren are taught to boo and hiss at Fin Wendell's name.
- : Hyat lost the endorsement of The Holy Empire of Viridus.
- : Hyat withdrew its endorsement from The Holy Empire of Viridus.
- : Hyat withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Ibenta.
- : Hyat endorsed The Clout Chasing Empire of Ulrech.
- : Hyat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Hyat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Desertification"".
- : Hyat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.