The Principality of Hunternia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Glorious Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.05 billion Hunternians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kangaria. The average income tax rate is 76.4%.
The powerhouse Hunternian economy, worth 652 trillion Francs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,828 Francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Water fights now end with thousands dead, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, and the government snoops on private internet connections. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hunternia's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hunternia was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Hunternia was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Viktorovitch.
- : Hunternia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Hunternia, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Hunternia, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Following new legislation in Hunternia, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Hunternia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Hunternia was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Hunternia was endorsed by The Republic of Nakena.
- : Hunternia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of North Comunist Awelanius.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Andromeda Islands, Farrakhan, Zavea, Dead I Jack, Volsar, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Zerentopia, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Greater Cesnica, Aqueira, Morover, Nation of Urie, Mundanus, Razorback, Alpharoland, Lansaka, North Comunist Awelanius, Nakena, Agalaesia, and Bormiar.