The Republic of Huks Gares is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Isaac Reynolds with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 8.38 billion Huks Garesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Huksopolis. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Huks Garesian economy, worth 658 trillion deniers a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,612 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, the people's love for Isaac Reynolds is little more than self-preservation, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers, and embittered former nobles desperately try to cling on to their noblesse oblige and their heads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Huks Gares's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Garonian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Huks Gares applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Huks Gares resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Climeria.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Social Kingdom of The Cascadian Bioregion.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Republic of Chips and Guac.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Maott.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Holy Republic of North Bratislava.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Kingdom of Maclare.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Eywaan.
- : Huks Gares was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Felpolandia.