The Republic of Hubble Space Telescope is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its burgeoning hhh population. The hard-working population of 269 million Hubble Space Telescopeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 21.5%.
The Hubble Space Telescopean economy, worth 11.4 trillion hhhs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,267 hhhs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hubble Space Telescope's national animal is the hhh, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hubble Space Telescope's influence in Satellite rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Hubble Space Telescope relocated from Amogus to Satellite.
- : Hubble Space Telescope relocated from The Rejected Realms to Amogus.
- : Hubble Space Telescope relocated from Satellite to The Rejected Realms.
- : Hubble Space Telescope was ejected from Satellite by The Republic of Vav-2.
- : Hubble Space Telescope published "Victory!" (Factbook: History).
- : Hubble Space Telescope published "May we forever remember." (Factbook: Overview).
- : Hubble Space Telescope lodged a message on the Satellite Regional Message Board.
- : Hubble Space Telescope resigned as Traitor of Potato region.
- : Hubble Space Telescope suppressed a post on the Potato region Regional Message Board.