The Empire of Hua Lian is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its aversion to nipples, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 206 million The Han are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Hua Lian economy, worth 14.8 trillion RenMinBis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 71,745 RenMinBis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of RenMinBis are being poured into a space program, politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hua Lian's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hua Lian, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom.
- : Hua Lian lodged a message on the Hearts of Steel Regional Message Board.
- : Hua Lian's influence in Hearts of Steel rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Following new legislation in Hua Lian, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Hua Lian, politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad.
- : Hua Lian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Food Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Hua Lian, billions of RenMinBis are being poured into a space program.
- : Following new legislation in Hua Lian, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Hua Lian was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Hua Lian applied to join the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.