|Leader||Frau Anna Buchowitz|
The Federal Republic of Hothnia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Frau Anna Buchowitz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, avant-garde cinema, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.181 billion Hothnians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Ulm. The average income tax rate is 43.9%.
The thriving Hothnian economy, worth 261 trillion Prugs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 82,126 Prugs, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Nine out of ten citizens of Hothnia answered 'nuclear safety inspector' when asked their occupation, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, and internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hothnia's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Invading Your Region of Vandoosa Acht dismissed Hothnia as Security Officer of Second Reach.
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hothnia altered its national flag.
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Hothnia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hothnia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Hothnia was refounded in Balder.